Those who themselves have been oppressed often make the best allies because they know what it is to be dehumanized.
This lovely lady is Hedy Epstein, a 90 year-old woman of German Jewish descent, who survived the Holocaust as part of the Kindertransport. Following WWII and the loss of most of her family, she worked for the US government as part of the US Civil Censorship Division, as well as at the Nuremberg Medical Trials. Since then, Hedy has been a champion for human rights, campaigning for such causes as fair housing, reproductive rights, immigration, the anti-war movement, and most especially occupied Palestine. She has worked tirelessly on behalf of oppressed and marginalized people all over the world. And today, she was arrested while protesting the murder of Mike Brown in Ferguson, MO.
Rock on Hedy.
okay but imagine Thor and Jane being all domestic, living together or at least to some extent playing house, and imagine them getting into huge fights where things get heated and Jane starts to use her knowledge of mythology for some sick burns.
"of course, OF COURSE i can’t talk sense with a man who tRIED TO DRINK AN OCEAN”
"THAT WAS ONE TIME"
American History textbooks more like
Chapter 1: Introduction to White People
Chapter 2: White Settlers and the Indian Savages
Chapter 3: Whitey Makes a Country
Chapter 4: The Blacks
Chapter 5: Wars, Wars, Wars
Chapter 6: No More Racism!: Martin Luther King Jr. Gives a Speech
Chapter 7: The Modern Whites
- rowena: i'm looking over the plans
- godric: yeah
- rowena: what's this weird series of rooms accessible only by a hatch in a room on the right hand side of the third floor corridor
- godric: oh that's for if we ever need to hide a priceless artifact for some reason
- rowena: why would we hide a priceless artifact in a school
- godric: safest place
- rowena: fucking is it though?? there's a giant snake somewhere
- [in the distance]
- salazar: there's no snake you are wrong stop being wrong